Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

22nd week of Pregnancy

26apr-2may

- had been hospitalised for sudden AVM on right frontal of head, and surgery is the best solution if I don't want to go through any radio/chemo treatment
- hubby was strong and besides having to do all the housework, coming to visit me during my meals (twice daily), he had to coordinate (wrote down/ prepared visitors' list) all the hospital visits by friends and colleagues, and handle all the phone calls etc

- surgery was successful and family and friends were supportive and understanding
- speedy recovery was possible as friends and family were showering me with chantings, dedicating merits to me, praying etc
- initial days after surgery, the headache was bearable only when I took the pain killer pills, and there's abit of coughing (had to practically 'beg' for cough syrup to stop the cough as I was kept awake for 2 nights)

- whenever I cough, I had to cover the tummy (my unborn baby) with one hand, and the other hand holding my head (to minimize headache) after covering my nose and mouth with my blouse
- the backache from a fall many years ago was bearable only when I use the E-wave muscle ache plasters (bought from Taiwan a month ago), which lasted for a few days


- the stitches (staples) can only be removed a week after surgery
- ultrasound scanning had to be done for 5 consecutive days after surgery to make sure the foetus has heartbeat (it is obviously alive as I can feel it kicking inside me before and/or after meals).
- the worst scenario day / sleep pattern was like:

visiting hours 12nn-2pm, 5-8pm
5.40pm dinner
8pm supper (a cup of milo/milk and/or a pkt of Julie wheat biscuits) and medication,
2am take medication,
3am the machine 'peeping' the whole time (functionally but even the nurses seemed helpless), and pressing for bell for the patients in the same ward (the Indian Auntie replied by asking me 'why ha?') as some of them are kept groaning /tsking
4am the Uncle opposite ward was banging, stamping the mattress and shouting for 'coffee',
5am went toilet from the constant hydrating, and finally fell asleep before the sky brightens
7.40am breakfast
8.10am take medication
11.40am lunch
2pm medication

No comments:

Post a Comment