Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My public transport Xperience

I remembered
recently I offered a seat to an elderly lady
when there was an available seat next to me on the SMRT.
There was a family sitting on the seats on the other side
(they too wanted to let their father take the seat).

After the elderly lady sat down, I heard the little son expressed disappointment,
and the father commented to the son,
"People want to give seat, let them give la."

I took a glance at the family, and felt sorry for the child.
Grown adults not knowing the manners is one thing but growing children
brought up this way is the result of poor parenting.
How can you blame the child?

I chatted briefly with the elderly lady before I 'spotted' another elderly gentleman standing not far from us
near the exit door, and I signalled with my hand, calling 'Uncle' softly to him.
Another gentleman, who looked much younger, in his 40-50's,
replied he's also 'Uncle'.

Finally I caught his attention but he rejected my kindness with a wave and a smile on his face.
I can only return his smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment