Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Do I sound like I'm a Chinese national? Why are people of different race/age/nation treated differently when they chatted/laughed loudly on public transport?

Met the weird lady on bus again on
25 November 2013
after fetching TK from Childcare. Bus finally arrived around 645p after a long wait.
Tapped/poked my right shoulder thrice from behind (we're seated back-to-back),
and asked us to keep quiet.

After I told TK not to speak, I turned back to tell her there's no need to tap so many times on my shoulder (especially since I'm pregnant and it's so unlucky). She then asked me to return to China..Click HERE to find out more.

It's only a 3yr-old singing/talking on the bus. How loud can it be? It's not as if the child is shouting/screaming. Even if it's crying, you can't help it, and press a 'STOP' button to cut the crying.

I don't have to jump into the river to wake myself up,
to know that I'm a Singaporean.
Truly MIS (Made in Singapore) and not ashamed to declare my citizenship.

What happened to the Speak Mandarin Campaign 讲话语运动?
It wasn't my Mother Tongue then, as we speak in dialect mixed with Mandarin and occasionally English when younger.

Does speaking in Mandarin imply that one comes from China?
Ridiculous in BIG CAP! 莫名其妙
是的 有一种丈八金刚摸不着头脑之感。

I regretted not speaking much dialect with our child, who's not having much opportunity to speak with Grannies as they too speak in Mandarin and at times mixed with English with TK, now that TK speaks mostly in Mandarin, even to his English-speaking classmates and cousins.

Once the young learn to speak English as their first language, they will refuse/it'll be challenging to speak in others such as Mandarin/dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment