Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

17th week of Pregnancy- Bitten by insect

I was walking on a pavement along the road towards the bus-stop when I felt an acute pain on the right ankle. I quickly took off the sandal to find out who was the 'culprit'. I saw a bite wound but didn't see any insect or whatsoever. I approached a stationary cab for help. I surprised myself when I found myself lost at words when I was asked where I would like to go.

For once, I was quick to say a clinic nearby and even related the whole incident to the cab driver. He was so kind to offer help, and when I reached the destination, I found out I didn't have enough cash to pay, so I started digging all the coins I had in the purse. He showed kindness again by saying it's alright, but I insist to pay him using all the possible coins I had.

The doc said it's a clean cut, and after 2-3 days the pain and the swelling should be gone. I was charged $37.40 for a tiny tube of cream for application, and some pills for swelling.

After 8 days, the area became itchy including my toes and I couldn't help scratching it, and the more I scratch it, the itchier it became. It was so swollen another 2 days later that I couldn't see the ankle bone. It became so bad at night that I couldn't help scratching it, till I woke up to soak my foot in hot water.

On the 12th day, I went to visit TCM doc, and was told at once that the bite was very poisonous. The TCM doc asked if I've taken green beans, and I was suddenly struck by unknown mighty power. I had been searching for days for the 'thing' or food that I've taken that started the swell again, but in vain. But this doc solved the mystery at first sight.

I was advised to drink green bean water (boiled for a couple of minutes before the green beans break open) till all the poison is out of the body. And most importantly, I should drink more water and there is no need to take any medicine. I was to see TCM doc so poison should be removed from the body. Western doc can cure the infection or bacteria, but will not remove any possible toxic in the body.

On the left is the result of drinking a glass of the miracle green bean soup for a week. The redness/dark patch had faded, and swelling subsided, but the scar left by the bite is still abit visible.

This is a lesson learnt, but I hope it won't affect my baby-to-be.
I'm so glad that my baby-to-be is so strong to have antibodies against the 'poison'.
I didn't want to be worrier but luckily I had the support of Darling, and constantly assure me and give me encouragement to get the extra strength and confidence. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment